My Name: Dr. Katalin Gábor
My areas of expertise: Cardiology, pediatric cardiology
- 1973-1979 Szent-Gyorgyi Albert Medical University, General Medical Faculty, summa cum laude
- Infant and pediatrics specialist exam in 1983.
- French intermediate state language exam (C) in 1987.
- Pediatric cardiology specialist medical exam in 1990.
- Canadian Medical Manager Programme 1994-96.
- PhD at Semmelweis Medical University, Budapest in 2011.
I started my career at the Pediatric Department of Makó Town Hospital, then worked as a GP in Sándorfalva and later worked at the Cardiology Outpatient Clinic of Orosháza Town Hospital.
- 1981- USZ Pediatric Clinic, pediatrician and later pediatric cardiology specialist, general and intensive care, currently Pediatric Cardiology Outpatient Clinic
- 1983- OTKI, later SZOTE College, currently Faculty of Health Sciences and Social Studies, Section of Applied Medical Sciences, where I have been teaching nurses, health visitors (district nurses) and physiotherapists about pediatrics, since 1995 as College Associate Professor.
- Since 1983 I have been teaching pediatrics and medical management to various groups of medical workers (medical students, health visitors (district nurses), nurses, physiotherapists, etc.
- I was the Head of the health visitors (district nurses) programme at the USZ College from 2003-2007.
- I was the Head of Faculty of Health Sciences and Social Studies, Section of Applied Medical Sciences from 2007-2010.
- I am a member of Hungarian Pediatric Association and the Section of Pediatric Cardiology at the Hungarian Society of Cardiology.
Languages I speak: French and English
Discomfort and symptoms in children always cause anxiety and worry in their parents. Many times the discomfort is wide-ranging and complex, the symptoms are not unambiguous, and the parent is not sure whom to contact. Sometimes all they need is an explanation and reassurance, other times the need help in looking for a specialist. I can help them.
In more than half of the children discomfort and symptoms regarding their heart do not necessarily indicate a heart problem, but it is very important to exclude the diseases. Although the child is not in a heavy state, many times not even complaining, that does not exclude the possibility of a serious heart condition – luckily, this does not happen too often.
|examination+ECG+ultrasound||20 000 HUF|